Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August Ipsy Review


Well what do you know, it's another Ipsy review! I swear that I have other posts planned, I won't just do Ipsy reviews lol. One thing I have to say about this months bag is that it was really ugly. I'm usually a fan of the bag itself, but this months feels and looks cheap. The print on it is one thing that I don't hate, but the texture is really weird. It feels like plastic and has a bumpy texture. I don't like it.


The first thing I pulled out of the bag was this Hikari lipgloss in the colour Salsa. The first thing I thought was that the colour and packaging was really nice. Then I remembered that I don't like lipgloss, and that this was not the exception. When I tried it, it had all of the qualities of lipgloss that I don't like: thick, sticky, and hard to put on evenly. I also doesn't smell or taste good, which is something I think everyone should look for in a lip product. As pretty as it is to look at, I won't be getting any use out of this product.



This next item made me super happy because it's a holy grail of mine. Batiste Dry Shampoo in the scent Blush. I have really thin and fine hair, so it gets oily pretty quickly, and washing it too often really dries it out. Dry shampoo has been a bit of a life changer for me and Batiste has been my favourite brand I've used. It makes my hair feel super clean and voluminous, while also making it smell great. One downside is that it does leave some white residue, which is pretty annoying for anyone with dark hair. Here's a tip though: Spray it in your hair right before you go to bed but don't rub it in. You'll look like a granny but who cares. It will absorb more oil while you sleep and you'll wake up with really fresh feeling hair.



The next product I saw was this OZ Naturals Amino Herbal Hydration Mask. I was a little skeptical about this product at first because I have really sensitive skin and a lot of things irritate it. I tried it and I actually really like it. First thing that I love is that its 100% vegan and cruelty free. Second thing I love is that it made my skin feel so clean and fresh while minimizing the look of my pores. SCORE! So what you do it wash and exfoliate your face, then put some of this on. I thought it would be more of a milky white substance, but it's actually a gel with a mild minty scent. I let this sit on my face for about 15 minutes, gently rinsed it off, and applied my usual moisturizer. My face felt so clean and refreshed, I love it.



This next item is the Starlooks Pro Luxe Longwear Eyeliner Pen. Thats a mouthful. I was kind of excited about this product because I find liquid eyeliner kind of intimidating and most things are better in pen form. Fist thing i'll say about this is that the name is a total lie, it's far from long wearing. About an hour after using it I rubbed my eye and it all came off. Every. Single. Bit. Next time i think i'll layer it over a regal kohl liner and see how that works. Although it doesn't last long, it was really easy to use and I actually game myself a pretty decent cat eye. The tip is really good at making sharp lines and edges. Im determined to find a way to make this last longer. 


Last Item in the bag was the City Color HD Powder. I've been struggling to find a good powder to keep my foundation stay put, but I think I've found a new holy grail item. It's completely sheer and light. I put it on my face and it not only minimized the look of my pores, but made my skin feel super soft and kept my skin from looking super oily. I love this so much. One downside though is that since it is a loose powder, it can be pretty messy. Hopefully one day they can fix the packaging to help that.

Well, thats it for this post. Did you get this in your Ipsy bag? If not, what did you get? Let me know in the comments below!

-Little J


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig