Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Recent Favorites




Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted, I know, but i'm really going to make a better effort from now on. Promise!

ANYWAY, I thought I'd take some time an tell you what I've been loving lately. I'm always trying out new products so here's what I'm using right now. First on the docket:

719 Walnut Avenue: Peppermint Mocha Candle


I am in LOVE with this candle and so sad that it's almost all gone, since this is a seasonal one. Whenever the holiday roll around, I'm always on the lookout for a winer scent but am very disappointed by my options. I don't know about you, but I feel like i'm the only girl who doesn't like the typical "Holiday scents". You know the ones: Ginger Bread, Pumpkin Spice, Cinnamon Stick, Etc. I'm just not into it, I prefer the sweeter winter scents, so I was beyond excited to find this one. It's a subtle a mixture of sweetness and mint. Almost like you had been making some sort of mint cookies.

*OMG Thin Mints... drool*

Anyways, it smells amazing and burns really nicely. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can find them anymore since the holidays are over (so sad), but you can always check your local Walmart to see. If not, I highly suggest trying out any of their other scents.


Philosophy: Sugar Chick


Do you like multi-use items? Do you like stuff that smells good? Perfect! Then this is for you! I'm pretty crazy about this stuff. You can use it as not only a bubble bath, but as a shower gel and shampoo as well. I have yet to use it as a shampoo, but as a shower gel and bubble bath, it's great. At first I was a little worried about all the shimmer pieces and how they would affect my skin, since I have eczema, but everything turned out just fine! It's not drying on the skin and it doesn't leave you looking like a walking disco ball. I mostly use this as a bubble bath and I love it. You don't really need to use too much of it and you get a lot of nice bubbles and it makes your bath smell SO good. I will say that it does leaves behind some gold shimmer in your bathtub, which is not always a bad thing, tubs are usually boring anyways. I got mine at Marshalls but I'm sure you can find this on Amazon.

*Bonus: The bottle has a recipe to make marshmallows at home. Sweet! See what I did there??

Bioderma


 This stuff has changed my life. Ok, a little dramatic, but I LOVE this. How many of you use makeup remover wipes? I was one of you until I tried Bioderma. What it is? Fancy makeup removing water. All you do is put some on a cotton pad and use it to wipe off your makeup. It gets off all of my makeup (even waterproof) faster and better than a face wipe. Also, it doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or oily. It's pretty much perfect. I got the smallest size for around $5.00. It's small but it has lasted for quite some time. Once I finish this bottle, I'm going to purchase the next size up and use the small one for travelling, it's the perfect size.

Nivea: Gentle Toner


I don't really have much to say about this other than I love it. I use it right after washing my face and before using moisturizer. It's gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling super clean and fresh. It's now a staple in the skin care routine.


Maybelline: Baby Lips


For those of you that don't know, I live in Canada. Living in Canada means long and harsh winters, which means dry skin. Theres nothing worse than cracked and dry lips, so this is a lifesaver. It feels so smooth and moisturizing. I just love it.


Urban Decay: Naked Basics 2 Pallet


I am a huge fan of all the Naked pallets, but I use the Naked Basics religiously. The first Naked Basics pallet was something that I used everyday so I was super pumped when they came out with the second one. It's kind of pricey but totally worth the money. The shadows are nicely pigmented, you can build up the colours, and they blend so nicely. I'm going to say that the shadows in the Naked Basics 2 pallet have more of a warm undertone, but they work really nicely with the original pallet. Not only are these pallets great for everyday use, but they're great for travelling. First of all, the packaging is nice and small, with the added bonus of a good size mirror. Another benefit is that it comes with all the shades you need to create the look you want; natural, day time, night time, and smokey looks. I wonder (and hope) they come out with a third one. Could you imagine?? 
*fingers crossed* 


Benefit: They're Real Mascara


I know tons of people have already talked about this but there's a reason why, IT'S AMAZING. I was a lover of the Falsies mascara for a long time, so I was hesitant to spend that kind of cash on this product. I'm glad I took the leap, this mascara is so great! Not only does it make my lashes look fantastic but they also look way more natural than any other mascara could make them look. It's not clumpy and it stays on all day. No raccoon eyes at the end of the day! YAY!


Elizabeth and James: Nirvana Black & White



Ok, ok, so I didn't actually purchase these, they came as my sample from a Sephora purchase. However, I did want these for a while. I've never been a perfume-wearing kind of gal, but these changed my mind once I caught a whiff of them in the store. They both smell great but my favourite one is the Nirvana Black. It's a little more masculine than the White but it's not too overpowering. I'm really bad at describing scents, can't you tell? All I can say is that they smell freaking amazing, ok?! Although they smell great, they are super pricey, so I was pretty pumped to get these as a sample. The  sample sizes are great though and will definitely last me for a bit. However, once I finish the samples, I WILL be purchasing the rollerballs. You can get theses at Sephora for around $20 (rollerball). I believe the actual bottle is around $80, I could be wrong though. Nice research Jordan.....  *Sorry*


Well folks, that's all I have to tell you about right now but I hope you saw something you'd like to try!

What are your favourites at the moment? Will you be trying any of these?

- Little J

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig